ABC INVESTMENT LIMITED, UNITY ROAD BRANCH
REPORT ON POSSIBILITY OF OPENING A CRECHE
I was asked to investigate the possibility of opening a crèche at the Unity Branch of ABC Investment Limited by the Manager, Dr Jake Watson. In order to do this the following steps were taken:
- I obtain a breakdown of figures showing the number of staffs with young children.
- I discussed this issue with several customers who brought children to the office.
- The accommodation, staffing and insurance issues were considered.
- I investigated the experience of other companies that already have a crèche.
- The majority of customers who bring their children to the office said they would use a crèche if the cost was reasonable.
- 9 per cent of ABC Investment staffs have at least one child below 5.
- The majority of companies nearby have staffs that have at least one child below 5.
- Conducive space would have to be found within or nearby the company. The crèche will have to be located in a noiseless environment.
- Strict laws and regulations concerning starting a crèche such as registrations and site inspection should be given due attention.
- Facilities such as toilet, portable water supply, and electricity are important to a crèche and as such should be available.
- The company would be required to ensure adequate insurance.
Starting a crèche will help staffs with children below 5 concentrate better and it will also usher new customers to the company.
I hereby recommend that the company should consider the financial implications for both facilities and staffing at the crèche and contracts should be awarded diligently to experts as children’s lives are involved.
Head of Research Services
12 June 2012